The kite runner quotes by khaled hosseini - ReadersHub

 The kite Runner quotes 


Afghanistan, 1975: Twelve-year-old Amir is determined to win the nearby kite-fighting event and his loyal pal Hassan guarantees to assist him. But neither of the boys can foresee what will show up to Hassan that afternoon, an match that is to shatter their lives. After the Russians invade and the household is compelled to flee to America, Amir realises that one day he have to return to Afghanistan below Taliban rule to locate the one issue that his new world can't supply him: redemption. 
In this article I will be sharing amazing quotes from the kite Runner. 

The kite runner quotes

  • It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime...
  • And that's the thing about people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too.
  • it always hurts more to have and lose than to not have in the first place.
  • There is only one sin. and that is theft... when you tell a lie, you steal someones right to the truth. 
  • A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.
  • Time can be a greedy thing-sometimes it steals the details for itself.
  • People say that eyes are windows to the soul.
  • Not a word passes between us, not because we have nothing to say, but because we don't have to say anything
  • She said, 'I'm so afraid.' And I said, 'why?,' and she said, 'Because I'm so profoundly happy, Dr. Rasul. Happiness like this is frightening.' I asked her why and she said, 'They only let you be this happy if they're preparing to take something from you.
  • It was only a smile, nothing more. It didn't make everything all right. It didn't make ANYTHING all right. Only a smile. A tiny thing. A leaf in the woods, shaking in the wake of a startled bird's flight. But I'll take it. With open arms. Because when spring comes, it melts the snow one flake at a time, and maybe I just witnessed the first flake melting. - Amir
  • When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness.
  • There is a way to be good again...
  • There are a lot of children in Afghanistan, but little childhood.
  • I wondered if that was how forgiveness budded; not with the fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering its things, packing up, and slipping away unannounced in the middle of the night.
  • it always hurts more to have and lose than to not have in the first place.
  • One time, when I was very little, I climbed a tree and ate these green, sour apples. My stomach swelled and became hard like a drum, it hurt a lot. Mother said that if I'd just waited for the apples to ripen, I wouldn't have become sick. So now, whenever I really want something, I try to remember what she said about the apples.
  • In the end, the world always wins. That's just the way of things.
  • some stories don't need telling
  • You've always been a tourist here. You just didn't know it.
  • I opened my mouth, almost said something. Almost. The rest of my life might have turned out differently if I had. But I didn’t.
  • I'm so afraid. Because I'm so profoundly happy. Happiness like this is frightening...They only let you this happy if they're preparing to take something from you.
  • Men are easy,' he said, fingers tapping on his mahogany desk. 'A man's plumbing is like his mind: simple, very few surprises. You ladies, on the other hand...well, God put a lot of thought into making you.
  • The problem, of course, was that [he] saw the world in black and white. And he got to decide what was black and what was white. You can't love a person who lives that way without fearing him too. Maybe even hating him a little.
  • It's wrong what they say about the past, I've learned, about how you can bury it. Because the past claws its way out.
  • Quiet is peace. Tranquility. Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button. Shutting it down. All of it. - Amir
  • That same night, I wrote my first short story. It took me thirty minutes. It was a dark little tale about a man who found a magic cup and learned that if he wept into the cup, his tears turned into pearls. But even though he had always been poor, he was a happy man and rarely shed a tear. So he found ways to make himself sad so that his tears could make him rich. As the pearls piled up, so did his greed grow. The story ended with the man sitting on a mountain of pearls, knife in hand, weeping helplessly into the cup with his beloved wife's slain body in his arms.
  • That same night, I wrote my first short story. It took me thirty minutes. It was a dark little tale about a man who found a magic cup and learned that if he wept into the cup, his tears turned into pearls. But even though he had always been poor, he was a happy man and rarely shed a tear. So he found ways to make himself sad so that his tears could make him rich. As the pearls piled up, so did his greed grow. The story ended with the man sitting on a mountain of pearls, knife in hand, weeping helplessly into the cup with his beloved wife's slain body in his arms.
  • I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away.
  • Better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.
  • there is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. Every other sin is a variation of theft. When you kill a man, you steal a life... you steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a ather. When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness... there is no act more wretched than stealing.
  • War doesn't negate decency. It demands it, even more than in times of peace." - Baba
  • Go slowly, my lovely moon, go slowly.
  • I wished I could be alone in my room, with my books, away from these people.
  • I didn't remember what month that was, or what year even. I only knew the memory lived in me, a perfectly encapsulated morsel of a good past, a brushstroke of color on the gray, barren canvas that our lives had become.
  • And suddenly, just like that, hope became knowledge. I was going to win. It was just a matter of when.
  • It's wrong to hurt even bad people. Because they don't know any better, and because bad people sometimes become good.
  • Sad stories make good books
  • And this is what I want you to understand, that good, real good, was born out of your father's remorse. Sometimes, I thing everything he did, feeding the poor on the streets, building the orphanage, giving money to friends in need, it was all his way of redeeming himself. And that, I believe, is what true redemption is, Amir jan, when guilt leads to good.
  • Attention shifted to him like sunflowers turning to the sun.
  • There was so much goodness in my life. So much happiness. I wondered whether I deserved any of it.
  • Life goes on, unmindful of beginning, end…crisis or catharsis, moving forward like a slow, dusty caravan of kochis (nomads).
  • America was different. America was a river, roarng along, unmindful of the past. I could wade into this river, let my sins drown to the bottom, let the waters carry me someplace far. Someplace with no ghosts, no memories, and no sins.
  • It is now your duty to hone that talent, because a person who wastes his God-given talents is a donkey.
  • All my life, I'd been around men. That night, I discovered the tenderness of a woman.
  • As far as I know, he never asked where she had been or why she had left and she never told. I guess some stories do not need telling.
  • I think that everything he did, feeding the poor, giving money to friends in need, it was all a way of redeeming himself. And that, I believe, is what true redemption is, Amir jan, when guilt leads to good.
  • He stopped, turned. He cupped his hands around his mouth. ''For you a thousand times over!'' he said. Then he smiled his Hassan smile and disappeared around the corner.
  • For you, a thousand times over." Then I turned and ran. It was only a smile, nothing more. It didn't make everything alright. It didn't make anything all right. Only a smile. A tiny thing. But I'll take it. With open arms.
  • He knew I'd seen everything in that alley, that I'd stood there and done nothing. He knew that I'd betrayed him and yet he was rescuing me once again, maybe for the last time.
  • You're gutless. It's how you were made. And that's not such a bad thing because your saving grace is that you've never lied to yourself about it. Not about that. Nothing wrong with cowardice as long as it comes with prudence. But when a coward stops remembering who he is... God help him.
  • It turned out that, like Satan, cancer had many names.
  • I brought Hassan’s son from Afghanistan to America, lifting him from the certainty of turmoil and dropping him in a turmoil of uncertainty
  • Blood is a powerful thing
  • A part of me was hoping someone would wake up and hear, so I wouldn't have to live with this lie anymore. But no one woke up and in the silence that followed, I understood the nature of my new curse: I was going to get away with it.
  • Yes, hope is a strange thing. Peace at last. But at what price?
  • The desert weed lives on, but the flower of spring blooms and wilts.
  • A creative writing teacher at San Jose State used to say about clichés: 'Avoid them like the plague.' Then he'd laugh at his own joke. The class laughed along with him, but I always thought clichés got a bum rap. Because, often, they're dead-on. But the aptness of the clichéd saying is overshadowed by the nature of the saying as a cliché.
  • When you kill a man, you steal a life," Baba said. "You steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness. Do you see?
  • I throw my makeshift jai-namaz, my prayer rug, on the floor and I get on my knees, lower my forehead to the ground, my tears soaking through the sheet. I bow to the west. Then I remember I haven’t prayed for over fifteen years. I have long forgotten the words. But it doesn’t matter, I will utter those few words I still remember: La illaha ila Allah, Muhammad u rasul ullah. There’s no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his messenger. I see now that Baba was wrong, there’s a God, there always had been. I see Him here, in the eyes of the people in this [hospital] corridor of desperation. This is the real house of God, this is where those who have lost God will find Him, not the white masjid with its bright diamond lights, and towering minarets. There’s a God, there has to be, and now I will pray, I will pray that He forgive that I have neglected Him all of these years, forgive that I have betrayed, lied, and sinned with impunity only to turn to Him now in my hour of need, I pray that He is as merciful, benevolent, and gracious as His book says He is. [...] I hear a whimpering and realize it is mine, my lips are salty with the tears trickling down my face. I feel the eyes of everyone in this corridor on me and still I bow to the west. I pray. I pray that my sins have not caught up with me the way I'd always feared they would.
  • it is a heartBreaking sound, Amir Jan, the Wailing of a mother. I pray to Allah you Never hear it.
  • I think he loved us equally, but differently.
  • Rahim Khan laughed. “Children aren’t coloring books. You don’t get to fill them with your favorite colors.
  • “A boy who won’t stand up for himself becomes a man who can’t stand up to anything.”
  • That was a long time ago, but it’s wrong what they say about the past, I’ve learned, about how you can bury it. Because the past claws its way out. Looking back now, I realize I have been peeking into that deserted alley for the last twenty-six years.
  • Huddled together in the dining room and waiting for the sun to rise, none of us had any notion that a way of life had ended.
  • My body was broken—just how badly I wouldn’t find out until later—but I felt healed. Healed at last. I laughed.
  • I opened my mouth, almost said something. Almost. The rest of my life might have turned out differently if I had. But I didn’t. I just watched. Paralyzed.
  • Not a word passes between us, not because we have nothing to say, but because we don’t have to say anything
  • Children aren’t coloring books. You don’t get to fill them with your favorite colors.
  • Never mind any of those things. Because history isn't easy to overcome. Neither is religion.
  • Perspective was a luxury when your head was constantly buzzing with a swarm of demons.
  • Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button...shutting it down. All of it.
  • Kabul had become a city of ghosts for me. A city of harelipped ghosts.
  • The desert weed lives on, but the flower of spring blooms and wilts. Such grace, such dignity, such a tragedy.
  • There is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. Every other sin is a variation of theft.
  • But better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.
  • It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime, Amir.
  • It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime, Amir.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 books everyone should read - ReadersHub

The fault in our stars quotes - ReadersHub

The legends of pensam book summary - Readershub

The girl on the train book quotes by paula Hawkins - Readershub

Man's search for meaning book review - ReadersHub

Every breath Nicholas Sparks book review - ReaderHub

Book Review : all the light we cannot see by anthony doerr - Readershub

November 9 book quotes by colleen hoover - Readershub

Top 31 best books to Read for teenagers - ReadersHub

Book Review : The fault in our stars by john green - ReadersHub