The fault in our stars quotes - ReadersHub

 The fault in our stars quotes 

The fault in our stars


The Fault in our stars quotes

  • Books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.


  • Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.


  • There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.


  • The marks humans leave are too often scars.
  • You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.
  • Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.
  • As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
  • But I believe in true love, you know? I don’t believe that everybody gets to keep their eyes or not get sick or whatever, but everybody should have true love, and it should last at least as long as your life does.
  • You are so busy being you that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are.
  • As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
  • You say you’re not special because the world doesn’t know about you, but that’s an insult to me. I know about you.
  • I love you present tense
  • I hadn’t been in proper school in three years. My parents were my two best friends. My third best friend was an author who did not know I existed.
  • Books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.
  • That’s part of what I like about the book in some ways. It portrays death truthfully. You die in the middle of your life, in the middle of a sentence.
  • Writing does not resurrect. It buries.
  • I wanted to know that he would be okay if I died. I wanted to not be a grenade, to not be a malevolent force in the lives of people I loved.
  • The only person I really wanted to talk to about Augustus Water’s death with was Augustus Waters.
  • It’s a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don’t give it the power to do its killing.


  • The weird thing about houses is that they almost always look like nothing is happening inside of them, even though they contain most of our lives. I wondered if that was sort of the point of architecture. 


  • I thought being an adult meant knowing what you believe, but that has not been my experience. 


  • We’re as likely to hurt the universe as we are to help it, and we’re not likely to do either.


  • Without pain, how could we know joy?’ This is an old argument in the field of thinking about suffering and its stupidity and lack of sophistication could be plumbed for centuries but suffice it to say that the existence of broccoli does not, in any way, affect the taste of chocolate.


  • Pain is like fabric: The stronger it is, the more it’s worth.


  • I take quite a lot of pride in not knowing what’s cool.


  • The world went on, as it does, without my full participation, and I only woke up from the reverie when someone said my name.
The fault in our stars quotes


  • I had a moral opposition to eating before dawn on the grounds that I was not a nineteenth-century Russian peasant fortifying myself for a day in the fields.
The fault in our stars quotes


  • Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin.
The fault in our stars quotes


  • I’m on a roller coaster that only goes up.
The fault in our stars quotes


  • The world wasn’t built for humans, we were built for the world.
The fault in our stars quotes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 books everyone should read - ReadersHub

The legends of pensam book summary - Readershub

The girl on the train book quotes by paula Hawkins - Readershub

Man's search for meaning book review - ReadersHub

Every breath Nicholas Sparks book review - ReaderHub

Book Review : all the light we cannot see by anthony doerr - Readershub

November 9 book quotes by colleen hoover - Readershub

Top 31 best books to Read for teenagers - ReadersHub

Book Review : The fault in our stars by john green - ReadersHub