Looking for alska quotes by John green - ReadersHub

 Looking for Alaska book quotes


Looking for Alaska book by John green 

Looking for Alaska book quotes 

  • “Thomas Edison’s last words were 'It’s very beautiful over there'. I don’t know where there is, but I believe it’s somewhere, and I hope it’s beautiful.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  •  “So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.”
  • “I’ve always liked quiet people: You never know if they’re dancing in a daydream or if they’re carrying the weight of the world.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  •  “The hardest part about pranking, Alaska told me once, is not being able to confess. But I could confess on her behalf now. And as I slowly made my way out of the gym, I told anyone who would listen, “No. It wasn’t us. It was Alaska.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  •  “Big white whale is a metaphor for everything. You live for pretentious metaphors.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  •  “So this guy, I said, standing in the doorway of the living room. “Francois Rabelais. He was a poet. And his last words were ‘I go to seek a Great Perhaps.’ That’s why I’m going. So I don’t have to wait until I die to start seeking a Great Perhaps.
  • “I still did not know her as I wanted to, but I never could. She made it impossible for me.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  •  “Sometimes you lose a battle. But mischief always win the war.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'

  • “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
  •  “So we gave up. I’d finally had enough of chasing after a ghost who did not want to be discovered. We’d failed, maybe, but some mysteries aren’t meant to be solved.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'. 

  •  “At some point, you just pull off the band-aid and it hurts but then it’s over and you’re relieved.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  • “After all this time, it seems to me like straight and fast is the only way out- but I choose the labyrinth. The labyrinth blows, but I choose it.”
  • “What you must understand about me is that I’m a deeply unhappy person.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  •  “At some point, you just pull off the band-aid, and it hurts, but then it’s over and you’re relieved.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  •  “Hank hugged me and said, “At least it was instant. At least there wasn’t any pain.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  •  “People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos, is because things are being loved and people are being used.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  •  “You shall love your neighbour with your crooked heart, it says so much about love and brokeness-- it is perfect.

  •  “Because memories fall apart, too. And then you’re left with nothing, left not even with a ghost but with its shadow.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  •  “It’s like now you only care about the Alaska you made up.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.


Best looking for Alaska quotes 

  • “I still think that maybe the “afterlife” is just something we made up to ease the pain of loss, to make our time in the labyrinth bearable. Maybe we are just matter, and matter gets recycled.”

  • “You shall love your neighbour with your crooked heart, it says so much about love and brokeness-- it is perfect.”
  •  “It cannot be much harder than being left behind.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  • “Suffering is universal. It’s the one thing Buddhists, Christians, and Muslims are all worried about.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  • “Those awful things are survivable because we are as indestructible as we believe ourselves to be.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  •  “We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing.”
  • “I didn’t know what to say to her - I was caught in a love triangle with one dead side.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.

  • “I’m really not up for answering any questions that start with how, when, where, why or what.”
- John Green, 'Looking For Alaska'.


Looking for Alaska labyrinth quotes 

  • The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.
  • Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. (...) You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.
  • Alaska laughing- “Oh God no. I’ve maybe read a third of ‘em. But I’m going to read them all. I call it my Life’s Library. Every summer since I was little, I’ve gone to garage sales and bought all the books that looked interesting. So I always have something to read.
  • “Thomas Edison’s last words were “It’s very beautiful over there”. I don’t know where there is, but I believe it’s somewhere, and I hope it’s beautiful.” – “Looking for Alaska”
  • “When adults say, “Teenagers think they are invincible” with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don’t know how right they are.” – Miles “Pudge” Halter
  •  “We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail.” – Miles “Pudge” Halter
  •  “Francois Rabelais. He was a poet. And his last words were “I go to seek a Great Perhaps.” That’s why I’m going. So I don’t have to wait until I die to start seeking a Great Perhaps.” – Alaska Young
  • “When you stopped wishing things wouldn’t fall apart, you’d stop suffering when they did.” – Miles “Pudge” Halter
  • “Everything that comes together falls apart. Everything. The chair I’m sitting on. It was built, and so it will fall apart. I’m gonna fall apart, probably before this chair. And you’re gonna fall apart. The cells and organs and systems that make you you—they came together, grew together, and so must fall apart.” – Old Man
  • “Memories fall apart, too. And then you’re left with nothing, left not even with a ghost but with its shadow.” – Miles “Pudge” Halter


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 books everyone should read - ReadersHub

The fault in our stars quotes - ReadersHub

The legends of pensam book summary - Readershub

The girl on the train book quotes by paula Hawkins - Readershub

Man's search for meaning book review - ReadersHub

Every breath Nicholas Sparks book review - ReaderHub

Book Review : all the light we cannot see by anthony doerr - Readershub

November 9 book quotes by colleen hoover - Readershub

Top 31 best books to Read for teenagers - ReadersHub

Book Review : The fault in our stars by john green - ReadersHub